My Growing Family

The trials, the joys, the utter chaos of being a mommy and loving it!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Someday's I wonder, "WHAT WAS I THINKING"

Today is one of those days. Everything goes wrong from the moment you wake up. I woke this morning with a pounding headache and my stomach aching as well. My boys were up at 730 despite my need for extra zzz. I slept horribly last night and that was a big contributor to the over all aches that I was feeling, I think. So I tried sleeping in the TV room as the boys watched Dora the Explorer. That of course didn't work because although I got Adie back asleep for a little the boys are, well, boys. They are loud and messy even in their "quietness". So I was up for the day. Minus well clean, I thought. Nope that wasn't happening either. Adie decided today was going to be the hardest day ever since we had her. She had been screaming and screaming and screaming pretty much all of today (when she wasn't napping). Then Randy and Robert decided dumping out all of their toys every where and then trowing them around my home and then fighting with each other over EVERYTHING sounded like the best idea ever. Mind you, my headache has persisted this entire day. I believe that there is a battle ax being driven into my brain. My house is a wreck, I have 4 flies that keep escaping my killing attempts, my puppy keeps trying to lick all over my new carpet, my sons have crumbs littered through out the house. All this leaves me thinking, "What the heck was I thinking having 3 children. I must literally be insane."
And then I look down in my arms and that fussy, demanding, screaming, little girl is passed out with an adorable smirk on her face. She looks perfect, angelic. And my Randy offers to sweep the mess in the kitchen and Robert looks at me and tells me "Mom, I love you a thousand!" And I remember no matter how horrible one day is I am so happy I have my little blessings. And one bad day will never compete with the thousands of amazing, blessed, fun days we have had and will have. I am in love and wouldn't exchange the difficult path of parenthood for any amount of "easy" days. Even on the hardest days by the end of it I am left looking at the most perfect sleeping faces thanking God he gave me Randy, Robert, and Adeline.




No comments:

Post a Comment