My Growing Family

The trials, the joys, the utter chaos of being a mommy and loving it!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

It has Been a Minute (and another Kid)

Well my sweet Laurel Jane is now 18 months old and has a 3 month baby brother, Walter John!

My newest squish, baby #5, is amazing. He fits right in. The big kiddos are totally in love. Even my Laurel. I was nervous because she is still a baby and a pretty demanding baby at that. She likes the attention focused on her. She demands it. Turns out she loves this whole big sister thing.

Laurel is constantly coming up to Walter and hugging, patting, and KISSING him big time. She says, "Aw baby, baby, baby!" "Mommy, baby sad. Baby cry!" She likes to make sure he is taken care of. She will even ask to hold him ( by trying to rip him out of my arms lol). She loves shoving his paci in his mouth. She loves staring at him. Don't get me wrong, she is dramatic with her own needs too. She throws tempers. BIG ONES. She shrieks like a pterodactyl. We lovingly refer to us as our Monster. She growls. She has a big personality. She is fiery. She is little. She is fierce. She tells you what she wants and when she is ready to not be the big sis and be the baby again, she lets you know.  She has curly strawberry blond hair. She is amazing. Smart. funny. big imagination. follows around her siblings. daddy's girl. She loves to curl up in his lap for tickles and cuddles. She likes being held. She is amazing.

Back to that squish. He is 12 weeks now. He was my 2vba3c. His birth was hard. So hard. I almost regretted fighting to have a vbac. Weeks later and some perspective, I'm so glad I did. Still healing, but I am getting there. Walter is an angel.  He follows us with his eyes. He responds to everyones voices. He loves Randy singing to him. He smiles and lights up when talked to. He has rolled from back to tummy 2x now. He is strong. We bed share. He loves cuddles. He loves being wrapped and worn. He is a momma's boy. He has man sized farts. Seriously, its ridiculous. He sleeps pretty well at night ( give or take a day or two).  He is tall. He is skinny. Breastfeeding is way hard this go around. We are doing it though. I still love that bond. He was a surprise, an oh so welcome surprise. I couldn't imagine not having five littles.

RandyMan. Oh my sweet boy. He is finishing up kindergarten in the next 3 days! Can you believe that? How???? He is such a wonderful boy. He is such a gift to me. He is a great big brother. Really. He goes above and beyond any normal six year old. He is helpful. He loves me. He has a heart to please. He is kind. He is FAST. That kid can run. Really run. He loves running. He loves soccer. He is so athletic. Competitive. Encouraging. Bosses Robert. Fights with Robert, but still loves him. Its crazy how mean those two can be and then so nice. Boys. Randy asked Jesus to be his forever friend this year! He loves to worship. He sings pretty well actually. His heart towards people and God is amazing. He is gentle and strong. Watching him develop has been one of the most amazing privileges I have had. I receive more compliments about how kind and fast my son is then I can remember. Girls have crush on my baby already! I can not believe that. He looks at peoples heart and not their outward appearance. He is a joy and a pain. He is strong-willed and sensitive. He is a lover and a fighter. He leads threw action and sometimes might. He wants to please God above all.

Robert Arthur. My second boy. My first surprise lol. He is almost done with preschool and soon to be a kindergartener. I am not sure how I am old enough to have two elementary school kids, but here I am. Robert is a goof, through and through. He laughs easily. He is dramatic. SO dramatic. He is thoughtful of his other siblings. If he sees something that they would like he wants to get it for them.  His smile is the brightest thing. He lights up whatever room he is in. Unless, he is sad, then that kid could turn a sunny day into gray. He loves to rhyme things, its part of his silliness. He doesn't take himself to seriously. If he is doing something weird or wrong, or something that just doesn't make sense and you ask him why. He will respond, "oh its just because I am a little Roberty, doing what a Roberty does." Where did I get this kid? I love him so much. He is a good cuddle-er. He gives out big, sloppy kisses. He loves BIG. He does everything BIG. He enjoys all the animals, anywhere, ever. He loves our dog more then any of them. They all love her, but Robert is different. He joined track so he could run with Randy. He loves to tag along with his big brother. He also loves to punch Randy. Its a boy thing, I guess? He talks to Walter in the sweetest ways. Oh and the silly-ness that he has with Laurel turns me to mush. He is playful. Hugs and Kisses are the name of his game. He says things like he sees them, no filter. He is a gift to anyone who meets him and he knows it lol. Robert is also now a Christ-follower. He wants to do what is right. He makes up his own praise and worship songs. He loves telling God how awesome he is. Both he and Randy love to pray and talk to God.

Adeline Lee is 3. She is tall. She is strong. She is SOOOOO beautiful. We are in trouble. She knows she is cute, and she works it. She LOVES dancing. She can play by herself for hours. She loves to make Robert play mom and dad. She is in charge. She knows how to make her brothers cave to her will. Laurel wont bend though. Try as Adie might, she can not get Laurel to give in. That makes her mad and sad. She is also dramatic. Her emotions are very BIG. She is shy. She gets embarrassed easily. She loves tu-tu's and sparkles and fancy shoes. She loves having "girl" hair. She is compassionate. She is gentle. She loves dirt. She owns her daddy. She needs daddy snuggles, NEEDS them. She lights up when daddy is around. She worships Randy. Seriously she looks at that kid like he can do no wrong. She try's to imitate Randy, because he is that cool. She loves to baby talk with Walter and tell him how cute he is. She plays baby with Laurel and teaches her how to be a mom. Adeline wants to be a mom. She always talks about,  "When I have my babies...I will have a lot of babies...I want all girl babies, maybe 1 boy baby....I will nurse my babies...I am going to wrap my babies, like Walter gets wrapped..." So much baby love from that girl. She is motherly in her approach. She likes to make sure everyone is safe. She loves her uncles. This girl just loves the men in her life. She is blessed to have so many good men to love. She also asked Jesus into her heart. She loves "Jesus" music. She loves church. She loves to sing. She is so amazing, I could not have imagined a little girl could melt me the way she does. She has told me she will have a boyfriend, probably Randy though....but maybe not a brother. She is crazy smart. That girl loves to talk and talk. Maybe more than her momma? She is going to pre-school this coming year because she is loosing her playmate Robert to kindergarten and wants to go to school like her big brothers. She is so smart though she maybe bored. She calls all girls anywhere near her age, her friend. She fills over lives with a lot of love.

My hands are heart is full. I am in a busy, beautiful phase of life. I am loving it so much. These kids make me a better person. They give life meaning. They teach me of God's true nature daily. They have help me become less selfish, more giving, more Christ like. I am so grateful I get to be their momma. I like having a big family. I imagine the future so full of love. We will have trials but mostly I think we will have love. My husband and I have a legacy in these kids. I hope that threw them the legacy is one that you can she God's hand directing. That our love of God is evident. I hope to see my kids dig deeper and develop their own faith. That they love bigger and deeper then me. I have so much responsibility with these kids, but I have an amazing support system. I have my husband. Mostly though I have a BIG God who made these kids and loves them more then I.

No comments:

Post a Comment