My Growing Family

The trials, the joys, the utter chaos of being a mommy and loving it!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Playdate Fun

My friend Kristin came over with her cute son Carter today to play with Randy and me. I really enjoyed having a fellow mommy around to talk with. I mean it's hard, I do not have a lot of friends let alone ones that have children. Needless to say, it was a nice temporary break from the gibberish I have grown so accustom to hearing. It is just nice to know I am not the only one with questions about how this whole mommy thing and wife thing and life thing all work while following God's plan. I so appreciated just talking about life and having two babies (one on the way in Kristin's case)and the craziness that is apartment living while having a budding family. God is funny, just when I feel like I might just go crazy and pull my hair out trying to make life work just the way I think it should He reminds me that I am not alone trying to be a good mother and wife and Christfollower. There are other women out there that I can converse with, bounce ideas off of and learn from and just feel at ease with. Thank you God for giving me everything you have and showing me that I am not the only mom out there looking for you in everything!
Also I think my baby Randy enjoyed his new found friend Carter, despite the fact that they had a slight disagreement on who got Kristin. Carter felt like she was his, since after all Kristin is his mom. And Randy thought since she was in his house her lap and book reading services were at his disposal. All and all though I was very pleased with the way the 2 one year old's interacted and played together. Randy does not always have very many opportunities to play with other children and as a result I am always worrying about his social development. He did good though and so did Carter. I think it would be fun to do this to further Randy's development and learning, if only it were a little cheaper, oh well :( maybe we will still do it! Play/learning is so important as well as social interactions...we will see!

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say I am so delighted that your heart is so sweet toward your children!What a great Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Casey about what Carter did and he laughed. It was so funny to me. I mean, I know he shouldn't hit but I've never seen him be like that.

    Enjoyed chatting too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I wasn't remotely even upset about the hitting, I too found it humorous. I mean I loved that he was totally claiming you as his territory. He was like "hey kid, this is my mom, you better back up!" I found it kind of precious. Plus Randy is always all over everyone elses mommy's so it was about time someone stood up to my little mommy stealer lol

    ReplyDelete