My Growing Family

The trials, the joys, the utter chaos of being a mommy and loving it!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring cleaning

I am so excited I get my carpets steam cleaned today! We have been in this apartment for two years and I have never been able to get them cleaned. This year when we renewed our lease they offered free carpet cleaning but at that time we were about to have Robert and I had to have a c-section so there was NO way I was moving stuff around and Jason was devoting his energy to taking care of me and our two boys. Luckily my husband was able to get the apartment complex to agree to do it have the new year and at the beginning of spring! And that day is finally here, my carpets are disgusting and since Robert will be crawling soon I really love that we are able to get them clean. I find it is the little things in life that give me pleasure now, like, getting my carpets cleaned. A few years ago if you would have offered me a new pair of jeans or clean carpets, well the carpets would still be dirty. Now I just love trying to have everything clean and organized and having my boys in cute stuff. I have definitely changed my priorities. It's so funny to me how God changes your perspective on life. With me it happened in two phases, 1-a MAJOR over turn, and 2- a much more subtle gentle change. The major was obvious things like no more partying and returning to church and God and family. The subtle, is things like prioritizing others before my self, the way I speak, the way I view the world and God. I look back now at my life and I realize that God did some major spring cleaning in my heart and mind and spirit. Some times I do not even recognize myself. I am now a much more beautiful me, and I also realize though that there a few more cob webs to deal with and it is a process to get them out, just like its a process to actual get my carpets cleaned. The end result though is oh so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. We need to clean our carpets too!

    Isn't it funny what being an "adult" does! It's hard to grow up but good at the same time. :) I'm such a different...better...more emotionally healthy person that I was when I got engaged. I've got a long ways to go but I have come along way. :)

    ReplyDelete