My Growing Family

The trials, the joys, the utter chaos of being a mommy and loving it!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's April. April showers bring May flowers, right?? Well, how about we skip cold showers and just have warm sprinkling rain? So that my boys, Adie and I can go outside without the cold winds and chilling rain! It has been so nice the past few days, I almost thought we would get by with out any more chilly weather. A mom can hope right? But, Tornados and thunderstorms wrecked havoc last night and made for a dreary day today. Oh well, I am grateful that the tornado didn't land by our house. And I do feel terrible for those who's homes were destroyed so I will try and remain positive when stuck in doors. Since today is miserable we are just watching movies. Probably, a bad mommy thing to let happen but this weather is not only making outside damp and gross but it is messing with my sinuses  so I am feeling a PJ and movie day for us, is just what the (momma) doctor ordered!

On a separate note, my brother, Nicholas, will get back from Marine boot camp on April 26!! Woo hoo my boys will finally get to see and play with there Uncle. And my Adie will get to charm her way into his heart just like Randy and Robert did. He (my brother) will make it back just in the nick of time to see my baby girl get dedicated :) So, excited that he will get to be a witness to our commitment to raise Adie to know Jesus, just like he got to be there for the boys dedications.

Also, on my exciting things list is I got a brand new Ergo Sport baby carrier! Bam! So exciting. It's pricy even when getting a deal. So it is an extremely early mothers day gift but man I am obsessed already. So far I've used it in the front and hip carry positions. I don't think Adie is ready for the back carry, maybe in another month. It's red and it is fabulous! I highly recommend getting a baby carrier if you are an expectant mother for the first or the fifth time. They are life savers. I have 3 different types and they are great, but I can already tell the ergo is by far my favorite. I am all about being able to keep baby and mommy happy and wearing your baby is the best way to get in precious bonding time and get the laundry done! Anyway everyone should have a carrier
this is my mei tai carrier.
I was able to have my hands free
as I took my 3 and 2 year olds
on an adventure.
so much nicer for hiking and enjoying all my 
kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment